Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Update

We've all been sick here and I still am. Ryan started to not feel good last Thursday so he didn't go to ST and we kept him out of daycare Friday because of his fever. Over the weekend he would seem like he was fine but his cough sounded croup-like at times and he started saying his left ear hurt. Since I had off Monday because of the holiday, I decided to take him in to the pedi just to get checked out. Turns out he had the flu and a slight case of bronchitis. He got a chest x-ray just to rule out pneumonia. So, we've had to give him puffs of an inhaler all week which has definitely helped. During all this Dean got sick too and Thursday evening I started getting sick. Ours is more of a cold, with the congestion, coughing, achy & sneezing. I pretty much just have to deal with it since there's only so much I can (or really want to) take.

My next doc appt is Monday so if I'm not feeling better by then, hopefully he will give me something to break up the congestion a bit. I have the glucola test then as well which tests for gestational diabetes and I am certainly not looking forward to that, especially since I'm not feeling well. I can't believe as of Monday I will be 27 weeks. I have already been more emotional lately and as I get to the 28 week mark when I had Ryan, I'm becoming even more anxious & emotional. If I could just get to 37 weeks this time, it would be fabulous. It's not going to take off the stress that will certainly come after the baby is born but it will certainly help her outcome.

Since we've been sick and haven't done anything outside the house, I'll post a couple videos I took of Ryan right after the new year. He was still singing Christmas songs and kept asking us if Christmas was over..silly boy. Oh and he picks out his own pj's now and dresses himself, hence the mismatched pj's..hehe



1 comment:

  1. I just caught up on all your blog posts. He's so big! Congrats on the potty training! You guys look like you had a great Christmas. Hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete