Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day

Christmas 2010 was so exciting for us this year. It was so wonderful to experience Christmas through a 3 year old's eyes. He loved every minute of it and all the days leading up to it.

Christmas Eve we usually spend with Dean's Mom & Brother. Before Ryan was born we used to try and visit both my family & Dean's Mom on Christmas Day and would even eat 2 meals! Of course all that changed when Ryan was born. We decided it would be best if we celebrated Christmas Eve with Dean's family & Christmas Day with my family. It's so much easier and less stressful when they come to our house so we don't mind cooking at all. Ryan happened to take an early nap this day so he actually went with Dean to go pick them up and bring them back to our house. Lots of food was eaten and then we opened gifts. Ryan loved all his gifts but especially the Disney Cars car launcher:


and the Nascar playmat his Uncle David & cousins gave him


After playing for a while it was time to get in his Christmas jammies and set milk & cookies for Santa.



He went to bed with no problems since I told him Santa wouldn't come until he was asleep. Santa came soon after & left many toys & filled Ryan's stocking. Christmas morning was just like any other morning at first though. Ryan actually didn't realize it was Christmas day when he woke up and came into our bed. When asked who came last night, he just said Grandma & Uncle Dennis..hehe. Once we went downstairs though, he knew Santa had come! Santa brought me a new camera so there are way too many pictures to post but here are my favorites:




Later on Ryan & I got to lay down for a nap and then it was time to go to my parents house. My sis & brother-in-law had come into town and brought their sweet dog and my brother & his girlfriend brought their 2 dogs so it was a pretty festive house. Ryan sure had a great time! It was time to open presents and Ryan couldn't get enough. Sheer excitement is all I can say.

Monster Truck!

 Monster truck ramp

As I posted before, one of his favorite gifts..A Strider Balance Bike


It was surely a Christmas to remember and it was topped off with SNOW! It started snowing soon before we left my parents house. I don't remember for sure, but I don't think it's ever snowed on Christmas in our city. If so, I doubt it's been more than once. We ended up getting about 14" that night & all of Sunday..the 3rd highest record snowfall! I can only imagine what Christmas next year will bring with a 4 year old (and a baby)!



No comments:

Post a Comment