Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect
Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect
Sunday, January 30, 2011
28 weeks
Tomorrow (Monday) I'll be 28 weeks. I delivered Ryan at 28 weeks 5 days. Needless to say I've been pretty emotional lately. I've been seeing my high risk doctor every 3 weeks and having ultrasounds then as well and my risk of delivering early seems to be low. My cervix looks good, they've been doing testing & cultures & my fluid looks good too. Basically since the beginning, this pregnancy has been an emotional roller coaster so this week should probably be a cake walk compared to the last few months but I doubt it will be for me. I'm really trying not to stress about things and think positive but it's so very hard. For reasons I'll share later, we already know sweet pea will be in the NICU so that makes it even harder to be positive. It's even more stressful too since I have no one in real life I can talk to about it. And those that I do, don't really see the big picture or truly what NICU life entails and how stressful it will be this time, especially since we have a 3 1/2 year old to take care of. I guess for right now, I should have small goals to work towards. And for this week, it will be just to make it through the week! Oh yeah, and to pass my 3 hour glucose test on Friday :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
karen, you know I know how scary pregnancy is after preemie. It was very very hard. And really, i believe thats why after i hit 37 weeks with Ashley, my blood pressure went up, because I just had huge anxity and just wanted her out safe and sound. I had a lot of fear of her dying inside me like hailey did. If you ever need to vent or talk, let me know and I'll give you my phone number over facebook.
ReplyDeleteKim
Aww sweetie, I'm sure you are emotional. I know that if I ever get pregnant and carry beyond the first trimester then I'll worry about having another preemie. I was lucky in that I was able to carry all the way to 33 weeks considering my problems started at 22 weeks and I thank God for that. But, you know all the problems Nick had and still has and I understand the anxiety of even thinking of doing the NICU rollercoaster again. If you ever want to talk messsage me on fb and if you want I'll give you my number.
ReplyDeleteBrooke