Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Finally!!!


YES! Ryan is now FULLY potty trained! No more pull ups for this big boy! Well, I say that but in actuality we still make him wear one over his underwear for bedtime. He does wake up dry but it's my clutch I guess. Those darn toddler bed sheets are a pain to change in the middle of the night ya know..hehe. We'll just finish the pack we have and then won't buy anymore.

We started the potty training process last February! Even before that time we would occasionally sit him on the potty. He did pretty well at first and every once in a while would tell us that he needed to go to the bathroom. Then it got to be that he just wanted to either flush the toilet, play with the toilet paper or play with the water in the sink. That went on for a while so we just stopped pushing the PT-ing issue. He's never been fearful of the potty, he just likes to play. Throughout the summer he'd go every now and then. We could have pushed but I just saw no reason too. He didn't have to be potty trained to go into the 3 year old classroom at daycare and I felt that once he was around other kids using the potty that it would probably help him more than us pushing him. I was right. Once he started daycare in September, he started poopin' on the potty and loved to use the potty anywhere outside the house; stores, restaurants & other people's house. At home he was going more and more but would still get preoccupied by playing that he wouldn't go. In November I noticed I didn't have to bring in anymore pull-ups at daycare and by last month, we knew it was time for underwear when he woke up dry in the morning. So I guess you could say that was our Christmas present and it started the new year off pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment