Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Miracle

I've been thinking the past few days about how much Ryan has changed and am a little sad. I'm sure every mother has that feeling though...happy but sad. Happy that their baby is growing up, learning new things every day & is healthy but sad because well, their growing up! I've been trying to incorporate reading a short book to Ryan. When he was an infant we would read him a story and I would rock him & sing to him. Once he learned to walk, that ended. He wanted no part in being rocked, reading a book or having me sing to him. He'd rather run around his room and see what he can get into. This past week he's been really content to let Dean and I read a book to him. Even though it's only 5 minutes or less of reading, it's still nice to settle down and have him sit on my lap instead of just brushing his teeth & putting him in his crib. Maybe soon he'll let me sing to him again. My favorite song to sing to him was and still is Miracle by Celine Dion. I found the song when I was putting together a video montage for the March of Dimes, March for Babies walk. I went out and bought the CD right away. All the songs are beautiful but "Miracle" is the most amazing song I've ever heard. Listen to the words...

No comments:

Post a Comment