Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Cautious but excited

Things have been really busy here and while I try to post an entry at least once a week it doesn't seem I'm keeping up with that. Trying to get everything ready for Christmas and going to doctor appointments has kept us busy..not to mention work. I haven't posted much about this pregnancy for a few reasons and I'm still at odds at whether I want to or not. In a way, I do want to post to have a journal of sorts to refer back to but I'm not sure if I want it "all out there". I started this blog for Ryan because I was (and still am) bad about keeping up with journals & baby books that have all the "milestones" entries. Do I have time to make another blog just for me & little miss sweet pea? Probably not. But I do want to post about my feelings & what's happening with this pregnancy so I might just need to do that..another blog that is and make it less public. I know this decision is mine and mine alone but if you want to comment on your thoughts go right ahead...I'm listening.

That being said, I am getting a little more excited every week that goes by. I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow (Monday, Dec. 27th) and I've been feeling her kick for a few weeks now. I'm a little disappointed that Dean still hasn't felt her but every time I feel her and then put my hand on my stomach she stops..and I don't get a chance to tell Dean to come over and feel her. Hopefully these next couple weeks she'll start to be even more active and he'll be able to feel her kick. I'm still wearing my regular clothes and at my past appointment actually lost 2 lbs. from my previous appt. I'm still up 11lbs though. Now that Christmas is over I'm sure I've gained back those 2 lbs plus more..ha! I think in the next couple weeks I'll be needing some maternity clothes for sure. I really need some shirts already but just haven't had the chance to look or what I have seen, I don't like. I'm off work for the next week so I'm sure I'll be able to get out and look around some more.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new pregnancy and hope that you had a very merry Christmas with the big bean and with your growing little bean!

    ReplyDelete