Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Prince turns 3!

My preemie prince that is! Actually, mine & Dean's prince. Happy 3rd Birthday! As I sit here typing this I'm already starting to get emotional. My little baby is not so little anymore. I'm sure I'll say that every year from now on but it's so true. Not only is Ryan's weight & height hard to believe (he's 32lbs & 38 1/2") but developmentally he's not a baby..he's a full fledged, active, let me do it myself, opinionated 3 year old!

This past year brought many new things for Ryan with his development & speech. He can now jump & climb, has fantastic upper body strength which he shows by trying to stand on his hands (yes, I'll have to get a pic of that) and as I stated in an earlier post, his speech has taken off. He's speaking in sentences now and tells us what he does & doesn't like. He can dress himself (shirts & shoes) and let's it be known when he doesn't want to wear what we've picked out for him. He likes to walk everywhere and doesn't want to sit in the grocery cart or stroller.

I'm sure this next year will bring lots more changes and while we probably don't know what's ahead, we'll try and enjoy the ride!

with his new Lightening McQueen radio/Cd Player

photo viewer (these things have sound now...unlike when I was a kid)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Little Guy! Those are some pretty awesome presents (way to go mom and dad!)

    ReplyDelete