Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Sunday, June 6, 2010

It's June!


I can't believe it's June already! Half the year is about over and my little baby will be turning 3 in 6 weeks! It's been a while since I last posted but I didn't plan it that way. We've been so busy lately and since Ryan likes to wake up at the crack of dawn (5:30-6am), I've been trying to limit my computer time at night and get to bed somewhat early. I really am sort of a night owl (nothing like my sis though, right sis?) but I could easily stay up until midnight some nights. Despite our efforts of getting Ryan to sleep past 6, he hasn't and will not go back to bed once he's up. We've tried putting him to bed later, going to bed earlier & limiting his naptime. We've settled on getting him to bed earlier--lights out by 7 if he's had a very short nap or no nap at all and 7:30-7:45 otherwise (it had been 8-8:15). It makes for a quick paced evening some nights trying to get dinner & a bath but if it makes him less cranky in the morning then I'm all for it.

Last weekend we had a yard sale so that whole week we were busy getting everything together and bringing home totes & boxes from our storage unit (that we've had since we tried to sell our townhouse 18 months ago!). We had a great sale and it wasn't too hot. My sister & BIL came into town for the week and we ended up spending Memorial Day with them at the mall and went to visit my parents for a while afterwards. The day after, my dad had a planned surgery but things got a little complicated (not planned) so for a few days it was very stressful for our family. With lots of prayers, he is now on the mend and will hopefully be home within a couple days.

So with all that going on, we had a well deserved couple hours at the pool today. I've said it before and I'll say it again...Ryan LOVES the water!! It's just so fun to watch him. He has such a good time, whether it's in the bath, in our small 8ft. round pool out back or in the big community pool. I am thinking I need to invest in a water camera so I can take more pictures without worrying about getting our camera wet. At any rate, I got a couple pics and a short video:





He went down this slide probably 50 times (not kidding!)


sliding down

and here's the video (click on "view original post" if your reading this on FB):

No comments:

Post a Comment