Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter 2010

We've had pretty busy weekends lately but we managed to get Ryan's Spring pictures done. We can tell even since we had his Christmas pictures taken in November, that he's gone through a height growth spurt. Everyone comments on how dark his hair is too and lately it just seems to be growing like a weed. Not that I'm complaining...gracious No. The boy didn't have hair for the first 18 months of his life and it really didn't start fully growing in until he was 2! I posted one of the pictures in the last blog post so here are a couple more from the session.


We were able to visit with both sides of the family for Easter and Ryan had a blast getting to do his first Easter egg hunt, twice. Once at Grandma's house and another time at church. We didn't do a basket this year but rather a "bag". Every year I say I'm going to buy him a personalized basket from Pottery Barn Kids but never get around to it (maybe they have them on sale now though!). His first Easter basket was a plush Elmo basket and that was way too small and it is packed away so we couldn't use that so I just opted for a bag. Someone (that someone named Dean) thought it was a mini Christmas and kept buying things for the "Easter bag". Ryan ended up with several DVD's including Bob the Builder & of course Thomas the Tank Engine, an electric Thomas the Train with a track, several books including a coloring book, hot wheel cars and candy (which Daddy better end up eating! ha!). And this was just from us! I won't mention everything both sides of the family got him and several friends got him. It was such an enjoyable weekend and we're so blessed to have Ryan happy & healthy and have our family and so many friends.

Easter at Grandma's



Excited about Bob the Builder DVD's

Book from Nana & Papa (my parents)

Easter at my parents

No comments:

Post a Comment