Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect
Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect
Monday, November 1, 2010
Prematurity Awareness Month
November is Prematurity Awareness Month and November 17 is National Prematurity Awareness Day. Our lives changed forever on July 18, 2007 when our son was born almost 12 weeks too soon weighing only 2 lbs. 13oz. I had always heard about babies being born early or with birth defects, but I was one of those that never thought it could happen to me. My doctor never gave me information about what could be done to prevent preterm birth or suspected that it could happen to me. More than a half million babies are like Ryan, and will be born too soon this year. To learn more about about the seriousness of premature birth, donate, or create a virtual band to celebrate, honor or remember a baby in their life visit the March of Dimes web site – marchofdimes.com/fight.
Each year, our family walks in the annual March for Babies. It's our way of giving back to the March of Dimes. Giving back for all the research that has been done to help babies born too soon have a fighting chance at living and to help with the future research which will ultimately help more babies be delivered at full-term. Our local walk is at the end of April 2011. I've already started fundraising because for reasons I will explain later, we will probably not be able to walk. But just because we might not walk, doesn't mean we give up on fundraising. I will raise as much money as I can every year. Because Ryan is alive & thriving today due to the advances from the March of Dimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment