playing peek-a-boo with another kid
he went down this slide about 20 times!
I went with Ryan to his physical therapy appointment because the last couple sessions he hasn't been cooperating very well. I'm not sure if it was because his usual session is after lunch, if it was because he wasn't feeling well or that he doesn't think it's "play" anymore. However; today he did excellent. We moved up the session to early morning and I talked to him about listening to the therapist in order to get a sticker after it was over. So, we will continue with the sessions early morning. Like I stated earlier, I think he's done so well since starting 5 months ago. The stiffness in his leg has decreased and so has his toe walking. We may get him evaluated for a sensory issue but I still need to talk to his speech therapist about that. The PT seems to think he has a slight sensory issue because when he toe walks, he usually only does it when he's bare footed and on surfaces other than carpet. He is also still mouthing a ton! Meaning, he puts a lot of things in his mouth. I understand the need to explore different objects & textures but at 2 1/2 yrs old, I believe that's a little too old to still be doing that. I may be wrong and someone please tell me if I'm overreacting but it's frustrating when we are constantly telling him to get things out of his mouth. This is probably why he's been sick off and on since he started preschool--who knows how many things he gets in his mouth there!
He is getting sooo big! I'm really glad the PT is helping and he looks like he is going to have a total blast this summer playing outside!
ReplyDelete