Yep, we got him the Thomas the Tank Engine toddler bed. I love it! Ryan loves it! He has no problem going to sleep and staying asleep! At night. Naps are still a work in progress. He is excited about his newly found freedom of getting to walk around his room so of course he doesn't want to nap! Luckily, he still does wear himself out during the day from playing so by the afternoon, he is ready to crash. Thomas the Tank Engine accessories are hard to come by (no stores seem to carry much except the bedding), so accesorizing will be an ongoing thing for a little while. That is fine though, as we need to limit what we put in there for the time being since that will just distract him more and he really won't want to nap.
So, that leads into the second change. Since we were changes Ryan's nursery theme of Winnie the Pooh into a toddler theme of Thomas, some things had to go. Things other than just the decor. In order to do that, we needed to put the things we needed to get out of his room somewhere. The only logical place was the spare bedroom. So, Dean thought it would be a great idea to convert the spare bedroom (which only had a computer & storage totes in it) to a play room for Ryan. I wasn't sold on the idea at first, since that would mean I would have nowhere to store my junk..extra things. Dean had a plan though, so it didn't take me long to warm up to the idea. This meant we needed to move the computer into our bedroom and get the storage totes to where they needed to go--the closet or our storage unit. Once we cleaned out the room, we were able to move Ryan's bookcase in there & the rocking chair. We bought this:
to store his books, some toys & puzzles: and then got a little television that we hooked up his Leapfrog My First Computer to so he can play his games. We will also be getting a cheap DVD player to hook up as well. My friend suggested decorating the room with the Disney Cars theme, since we still had several decorative items from his birthday party so that's what I'll be working on for the next few weeks. I've already put a few things up such as some shelves and this huge banner that we had at his birthday party:
and I covered the pastel yellow gingham rocking chair with a large red throw. It will be a work in progress as far as I'm concerned, but Ryan could care less and so far is enjoying it.
No comments:
Post a Comment