Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New video & pictures

I've been wanting to write a post for the past week but it seems like everytime I try, something else comes up or I feel like I don't really have anything to write about. We've been settling back into the work, therapy, school routine after having off about 10 days during the holidays (me from work & Ry from once a week preschool). Ryan loves his new playroom and has also settled in nicely to his toddler bed. This past week his naps were very sporatic (time wise & how long they were) so at night he could barely make it past 7:30. Once he hit his pillow, he was conked out right away all night. However, I suppose he got a great night's rest because he was waking up at 5:30am! Hopefully, it was just a fluke and this won't be a habit. During the week, it's not a problem since we're up getting ready for work but I would like to get a little more sleep in the morning on the weekends. The good news for me though, is that the past 2 days he did sleep until almost 7.

Ryan's been having a ball playing with all his new toys and games he got for Christmas. Having the playroom, means we can keep toys & games in there and then other toys in the family room so he doesn't get as bored or overwhelmed with everything in one room. Since the playroom is upstairs, it also gives him a different part of the house to play in. Our townhouse isn't that big, so there's only so much room to run around. Since Ryan loves puzzles, my parent's gave Ryan a 12 piece puzzle from the Melissa & Doug line. I figured it was something he would be able to do over time and maybe in a few months, be able to do it on his own. Ha! I was so wrong with that thought. Here's the video of him doing that puzzle (sorry for the darkness...only had one lamp on in the room):

I had off another day from work for the MLK holiday. I didn't have any set plans other than I wanted to get Ryan a couple more puzzles so we went shopping with a good friend of mine and ended up at the mall. They had those rides that you can pay an arm & a leg for (okay, maybe not both an arm & a leg but still...) so she paid for Ryan to ride (and I had the Purell in hand..haha). He enjoyed himself and I finally got to take some pictures since I've been slacking on that since Christmas.






After Dean got home, we went to dinner and Ry enjoyed his first ice cream cone!

And he really did enjoy the cone the best...takes after his mama on that one!

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute! He looks like he had a great Christmas and a great break with you!

    ReplyDelete