We've finally decided on a place to take Ryan to get some socialization for the Fall/Spring. Dean and I were looking into daycare centers that we could let Ryan attend a couple times a week but weren't set on any place in particular. Then I remembered the church near my parents house, which my dad actually attends sometimes, had a Preschool & Kindergarten so I called to get more information. The 2 year olds can attend 1-3 days per week for 3 1/2 hrs each day but all that was available was 1 day per week. I decided to go see the place before making a decision and to ask more questions. I immediately felt comfortable with the director and got to meet the teacher as well. So, Ryan will be attending once a week, at least for right now. If other kids leave or drop out for some reason later in the school year, we can get on a waiting list and move to 2 days a week if we want. Tonight was the parent open house and we got to meet the teacher (again) and go over everything that will be happening during our childs 3 1/2 hr day. The day Ryan will be going, will be the day the Music teacher will be at the church so he will get to participate in that activity for about 20 minutes. They have snack time and lunch so this weekend we'll be out with all the other parents, buying a backpack & a lunch box. I'm excited yet nervous. I hope Ryan does well and doesn't have a meltdown or start throwing things if he gets tired. I told Dean tonight, I don't want to be too hopeful, but I DO think he will do well. He seems to listen to other adults and "mind" them almost better than he does us! For example, right now he is really pushing his limits with us by opening the fridge and wanting to take stuff out. We will tell him No and to keep it closed but it will take several times and us raising our voice or counting to 3 before he actually stops. However; with my mom, all she has to do is tell him once and he's done...what the heck??? So, somehow he thinks he can get away with more with us. This is why I think he might do well with obeying the teachers. Open house for the kids & parents is next week so Ryan will get to meet the teacher and other kiddos. We HAVE to get him some new shoes so I'll go to Stride Rite tomorrow & get a pair since we got him measured last week. We went to the mall by our house yesterday and learned that no one carries half sizes in toddler shoes...apparently major shoe brands don't make them. Hopefully, SR will have something on sale because I'm sure we'll be buying some more by November.
Some updated pics:

Eating an apple, which he got out of the fridge himself

No comments:
Post a Comment