Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Daddy's Boy

Ryan has been such a daddy's boy lately. He is always saying "da-e, da-e" and it's just so darn cute. Dean does so much as a father and I know I am very blessed to have such a wonderful husband who takes an active role as a father. If I happen to be in the kitchen and Ryan is in the den, I know when Dean comes home because Ryan is at the window or door and loudly exclaims "daddy" or rather "da-e".

waiting for daddy
new truck from daddy
hanging out with daddy


Ryan's getting very good at saying his numbers and letters. If we start saying 1, he will say 2, then we will say 3 and he will say 4 and he has gone until we've reached 10. He doesn't say it all the time or on his own but it's a start. We have the foam letters that stick to the bathtub but about half of the alphabet has made it's way downstairs. We make a game out of putting the letters into a bucket. Before I give him the letter, I say the letter and try to get him to repeat the letter...sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't, but once all the letters are in the bucket he dumps them out and we do it again. I've noticed this week, he will pick up a letter and yell out the name. He did this in the bathtub tonight. He said "T" when he picked up the letter and was so proud when he said it and obviously so were we!

No comments:

Post a Comment