
I remember walking in to see Ryan that morning with my mom and the nurse asking if I was ready to hold him. I said "I can hold him?" "Really?" I just looked at my mom and we were both overjoyed but also a little sad because Dean wasn't there. He had already gone back to work but he would be there later that evening and I couldn't wait to tell him the big news. The nurse brought in a chair and got Ryan swaddled up and handed him to me. I already loved Ryan but until I held him in my arms, I didn't know how much I loved him. I remember just wanting that moment to last forever. I was able to hold him for an hour & gave him as many kisses as I could without my mom going nuts (didn't want me giving him bad germs or something like that). That was my first birthday present from Ryan and I will never forget that gift!
For my birthday this year I didn't even know he gave me a gift until after he said it. MILK. That was my gift. MILK. I (okay, my mom & Dean too) have been trying to get him to say that word for 7 months! 7 months and not one peep of the word milk. I occasionally would hear him utter "ka" but that is it. He didn't even use the sign for milk that often. As always, I asked him if he was ready for his milk and he casually said "milk" and ran into the kitchen to get his cup. I just laughed and 4 days later I'm still praising him every time he says the word! He also started saying "more". Another word that he would never say, however, he did sign this word. Now, if we can get him to say those words together- Wow, wouldn't that be a milestone! One thing at a time...well, one word at a time is fine with me right now.
Anybody who knows me pretty well knows that I'm a germaphob of sorts. I don't have my house sparkling clean or anything but it's more about public places. I carry wipes & Purell with me everywhere. All the time. Just the thought of people not washing their hands after using the restroom, sneezing or coughing and then touching a cart or a door makes me cringe. This is one reason why we don't let Ryan play in the mall play area. Since it was so dreadfully hot & humid outside this past weekend, I thought I would let go of my germ fears and let Ryan play in the mall play area at the mall near where I work. I walk through the mall every day going into work and have looked at the play area (yes, it's been taunting me!). It looked very clean & everything in there was soft & padded. There's even a mall guard that stands at the entrance of the gate and greets everyone! Ryan was thrilled of course and played til his little legs couldn't play anymore. Actually, he was hungry & thirsty from all the running around so we left so we could give him his snack and a drink.
No comments:
Post a Comment