Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Update on Ryan

Like I said in the previous post, not too much has been going on lately. Ryan finally got over the flu & bronchitis, only for him to start having another snotty nose and start coughing again last week. Before it got out of hand, I took him in the pedi but they just said it had to run it's course. I was kind of peeved and told the pedi (not his regular pedi), that I really thought he needed an antibiotic to nip it in the bud before the whole house caught it, esp. me since my doc ended up putting me on one last time. All she did was offer alternatives...over the counter crap stuff. So off to Target we went to get some saline and Musinex. Ryan is the type that gets the opposite reaction in medication than most. Benedryl makes him hyper and so does Musinex (i've only given it to him one other time but I thought I would try it again). I could only stand to give him the a couple doses of the Musinex due to his hyperness but it's now Tuesday and so far...his cough has subsided and the saline is working pretty well in getting the gunk out of his nose.

My parents took Ryan and I to a train show this past weekend. Ryan had such a wonderful time and so did my dad. They had aisles and aisles of model trains and accessories and they had several large scale train displays set up. Ryan got to push lots of buttons and his Papa showed him all the train displays. They halso ad a couple Thomas the Train booths so we let him pick out a new train.





I think Ryan has already "Sprung ahead" for daylight savings time. He is waking up at 5:30 am again. In 3 weeks, this should mean that it will really be 6:30 am. Let's see if that actually plays out. Although, he really needs to be up at 6 am on the days he goes to daycare so we might be struggling on those days.

We never did buy the Goodnights underwear. He just had that one week or so of not waking up every night and going pee in his bed but ever since then, he either sleeps through without going or he will wake up and ask to go potty. (I should probably knock on wood)

The next couple weeks, we'll probably be trying to get his room reorganized. Right now, the future nursery is a playroom. We'll have to put some of the things in Ryan's room. He likes to watch dvd's on the tv in the playroom so I'm still debating if I want that in his room. The Leapfrog computer also hooks up to the tv but those are the only 2 things he can use the tv for...as it's not hooked up to cable (and it's an old non-digital tv). I just don't want him turning it on when he's expected to go to sleep. Although, I guess that's where discipline comes into play.


No comments:

Post a Comment