Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Nice weekend

We had a nice weekend with my little man and I really needed it. Saturday we went to the local theme park for the last time this season. The weather was perfect and Ryan had a great time as usual...actually even more so since we took our godson whom Ryan adores and gets to play with in the climbing playground area (which we don't let him go up in unless our godson is with us).





 The park has lots of Halloween decorations & creatures and this was
one of the creatures inside a store. Ryan who is not afraid of much didn't
really like standing close to it which shows by his face.

The park will be all set up for Christmas at the end of November. This is the second year they've set it up as a Christmas theme and we'll be going for the first time so we're excited and I know Ryan will be as well.

Today was mostly a day to relax. Dean went to watch football with his brothers so it was just me and my little prince for the afternoon. I took him to Target since I needed to get a couple things and we actually walked out of there without some sort of car. He seems to think every time we go to Target or Walmart, he gets to pick out a car for us to buy. Well, I've had a enough with the cars. He has enough to open his own store (okay, well maybe not that many but it's close) and with Christmas coming up, I feel he doesn't need something every week. He's really into coloring lately so I had him pick out a coloring book. He also found a Thomas the Tank Engine book which I also got just because I wasn't feeling good at that point and wanted to leave without an arguement. So we came home, colored & played trains and took a nap together. No whining or crying happened and he even said, "mommy don't feel good". I said, "yeah honey, I don't" and he said "close your eyes mommy". I just laughed out loud. He's such a sweet boy and really knows when I need cheering up.  

Speaking of talking, I'll try to get to update in regards to his speech & physical therapy in my next blog post.

1 comment:

  1. I thought i posted. He has the best smile. On the rides, that smile, thats such pure joy. What an awesome kiddo.

    ReplyDelete