Finally, Saturday arrives & Dean comes home from grocery shopping (yes, he DOES grocery shop! Don’t ya love it?) with a cupcake from the bakery. It was a Halloween cupcake but it was cute and it said “Boo” on it, which is what we sometimes call Ryan. He loved it! Especially the icing!
Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect
Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Cupcake time!
Ryan finally got his cupcake. Not the one I wanted to get him but it didn’t matter to him. I was looking forward to having him pick out his own cupcake this year (of course, I was also looking forward to picking out a cupcake for myself too). We have a bakery that specializes in only cupcakes, a Cupcakery, and I’ve been wanting to go there forever! So, this was prime opportunity. Unfortunately, it didn’t happen. I picked Ryan up from daycare Friday and he was pretty hot. It was a very hot & humid day so I never gave it a second thought other than that they went outside to play. We got home and Dean and I decided to take Ryan out for dinner and then go to the cupcake shop. I thought something was strange when during dinner, Ryan was clingy to me and acting tired. He didn’t do that the whole time though and by the time his dinner arrived, he was willing to eat. He ate a simple dinner of grilled chicken, a few French fries and some tortilla chips. About 5 minutes after we left and headed to the cupcake shop, he said his back hurt. Dean and I repeated Ryan and he said it again. Then a couple more minutes went by and he said his stomach hurt and started getting that “I’m going to puke” look to his face (mom's know what I'm talking about) so Dean asked him if he was going to throw up and he said yes and well, he did. Now I don’t know what it is about men, but something about vomit and poopy diapers makes them act like the world is ending. I’m sure Dean is a lot more tolerant then some men and probably less tolerant than others. I was driving so there was literally nothing I could do but pull off into a shopping center lot. Dean is saying all sorts of things & making noises. Finally I just said, “throw up happens”! This is the 3rd time Ryan’s thrown up in the car and I’ve been there every time...there’s not much you can do! We stripped him down, cleaned up the carseat the best we could and made our way home. That was the only time he got sick that night so I imagine he possibly he ate all his lunch (daycare lunch of Beefaroni which he is not used to), went outside to play and got a little overheated.
Finally, Saturday arrives & Dean comes home from grocery shopping (yes, he DOES grocery shop! Don’t ya love it?) with a cupcake from the bakery. It was a Halloween cupcake but it was cute and it said “Boo” on it, which is what we sometimes call Ryan. He loved it! Especially the icing!
Finally, Saturday arrives & Dean comes home from grocery shopping (yes, he DOES grocery shop! Don’t ya love it?) with a cupcake from the bakery. It was a Halloween cupcake but it was cute and it said “Boo” on it, which is what we sometimes call Ryan. He loved it! Especially the icing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment