Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Prematurity Awareness Month

November is Prematurity Awareness Month, hence why my blog is turned purple. Remember this little preemie prince?
Many of you already know Ryan’s story about how he came into the world at 28 weeks, 5 days gestation--11 1/2 weeks early. If not, check out my early blog posting here for the beginning and here for his birth story. It’s been 27 ½ months since I unexpectedly gave birth to our precious boy Ryan who weighed 2 lbs. 13oz. but the emotions still get the best of me when I think back to those days leading up to his birth and the 69 days he spent in the NICU. That’s why I want to make everyone I can aware of the March of Dimes and more specifically their efforts to find out what causes prematurity & how it can be stopped. Click hereto find out the facts about prematurity and then on November 17, 2009, join me along with thousands of bloggers from around the world who will blog about prematurity and help spread the word.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Karen, Did you get the badge on facebook? Apparently there is no great way to do it. My husband just posted it to his photo album and it sounds like my aunt did too. Someone told me they replaced their profile picture with the badge. P.S. I loved the flashback photos from Halloweens past! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete