Yep, I'm placing blame on the 2 year molars!! Teeth can't talk back and there's got to be a reason for Ryan's lack of sleep and attitude lately, right? Well, maybe it's just the "terrible two's" as the saying goes. It's hard to believe just a little over a week ago, Ryan was just as sweet as could be and after spending 5 straight days with him (remember, I didn't have to work due to the storm), 2 of those not going anywhere, I was wishing more than ever I could be a stay at home mom. But these past few days, he has been testing my patience (and Dean's). He wakes up at all hours of the night, takes his nap during the day but is still a grump when he wakes up and will hardly eat. He does have a cough but it's not a bad one and it seems to come and go. I've been giving him Claritin but I think once we're out of that, I will switch to Zyrtec to see if that helps. Claritin never worked on my allergies so maybe it's the same for Ryan. It's just one of those times where as a mother, I just throw up my hands and say, "I just don't know what's wrong...if anything". All I can hope, he gets over whatever it is soon. Dean and I are actually thinking about not moving him to his toddler bed just yet. He has not tried to get out of his crib and with his irratic sleeping, I don't see how moving him to a toddler bed will help the situation. We are getting Christmas pictures taken Sunday, so he needs some kind of decent sleep this weekend so he's not cranky. Here's my baby looking so cute...I look at this picture and could just hug & kiss him all day long.

In other news, Ryan had his preschool class Thanksgiving party yesterday. It was so cute to see him around other kids his age, interacting so well. I was noticing the other boys & girls and Ryan is actually the same or taller than most of the kids. Weight wise, he seems to be the same as well. That makes me feel better overall. I've always been worried that he was smaller than most toddlers (weight wise...he's got the height though) and that he wouldn't be able to keep up somehow with the other kids. I know now that keeping up, physically and developmentally, has nothing to do with weight though, at least for Ryan.

I think having him in this preschool class has been so positive. His speech has gotten so much better, he is now saying 2 & 3 word phrases and he likes to draw & color whereas before, he wouldn't have had the patience to sit down long enough to do that. He made an art project at school and we were able to order it on different objects such as a mug, t-shirt, mousepad, etc. It's a porcupine and it's body is made from Ryan's hand (turned sideways). The feet, nose & butterfly are Ryan's fingerprints. It's so precious to us, so of course we ordered several items!
No comments:
Post a Comment