Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Life with a 28 week preemie & his miracle sister born & living with an Omphalocele birth defect

Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Father’s Day started out with Ryan blessing his daddy (and myself) with sleeping in. Normally, Ryan wakes up around 6:30 am, however, since Saturday was so busy he seemed to be extra tired and slept until 7:30 am. After a few minutes of letting him lay in his crib and chatter to himself, I got him out and took him back to our room to greet Dean with a Father’s Day hug & kiss. I cooked Dean breakfast & we had a fairly lazy morning. We met my parents and brother for lunch at a local steakhouse and then went back to our house to visit and open gifts. I’m very blessed to have my dad in my life. I see a lot of my dad’s qualities in Dean which is definitely a good thing. My mom & dad have been married for over 40 years and I know it’s because of my dad’s qualities. He is a fairly quiet, laid back type of person. Dean is the same way. When I get upset or my temper gets the best of me, Dean has a way to make me feel better or calm me down. My dad is the same way…he doesn’t let too much get him upset and is always there for us. So, just like my dad balances my mom out, Dean does the same with me. Ryan loves his Granddad & my dad loves Ryan. They are playmates and have so much fun together. It’s so adorable to see Ryan’s reaction whenever my dad is around…Ryan gets so excited and I know if he could talk he would be saying “Yay, there’s my playmate, we’re going to have some fun now!” I look forward to many more years with my dad and I know Ryan does too.

Father's Day 2008
Photobucket

Father's Day 2009

Photobucket


While Ryan loves his Granddad, he also loves his daddy even more. Dean is such a wonderful father and husband. He is Ryan’s playtime buddy. All I have to do is mention the word “dada” and Ryan runs to go find him. Dean has always been an active father-changing diapers, getting up for midnight feedings and just hanging out playing with Ryan. I couldn’t ask for a better husband or father and look forward to growing old with my soul mate.

May 2008

Photobucket

Father's Day 2009

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment