We put up our Christmas tree and decorations yesterday and I guess it's a good thing my memory only retains so much because I forgot how irritated I become every year while putting them up. Usually it has something to do with the lights..either I can't find them, they aren't on the tree right (although that's been remedied by having a prelit tree), they are burned out or the most irritating, they burn out after I've put them on the garland or around the snowpeople! This year we let Ryan help and he loved it. He enjoyed taking everything out of the storage totes, dumping the non-breakable ornaments on the floor and pressing the buttons on the musical toys. He even was patient enough to put his ornament on the tree. Since this is his third Christmas, we got him the number 3, which is part of a series in the Hallmark collection that he's received each year.
He even helped Daddy straighten the tree skirt
Put an ornament back on the tree that had fallen off
and just enjoyed sitting in front of the tree...haha, okay, so he is all about touching the tree (hence, why it's only decorated 3/4 of the way down!) but maybe once Christmas day arrives, he'll be more interested in his new toys then the tree. I can't say that I blame him, it IS a pretty tree.
Snowpeople, out of reach from little people
The pic of him in front of the tree is super sweet!!!
ReplyDelete